Anxiety-HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Happened First...

3 posters

Go down

What Happened First... Empty What Happened First...

Post  Ardvark Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:09 pm

Dear Reader,
This is just the pilot...kind of. It probably isn't very good, but I quickly pumped it out in a solid ten minutes before I had to leave for a family event. Anyway, enjoy!... please? -Ardvark

Run straight, turn right. Another gloomy hallway, another gloomy day in this tuna can that is the S.S. Anne, a fleet ship of the Spiral Knight Order. It was 3 years ago that I boarded this ship, and it would be another three years until I was off. At least that's what I thought. As far as introductions go, my name is Ardvark. I am a knight for the order, and I was on lookout duty until yesterday. It was only until yesterday, because the ship had run into a spot of bad luck. The engine rooms had overheated, and I was on my way with a new fuel cell for the Anne's core when it detonated. I was blown back down the hallway as the alarm sounded. Immediately, doors were opened, commands were given, and knights ran. My suit voiced that it had turned on the emergency air supply. "Well shit," I thought. "The hull was breached." I forced my self onto my feet, only to fly towards the ceiling and hit my helmeted head. After a volley of creative words that I was surprised I knew, I got even angrier. "Oh, what do you know? The graviton got destroyed too!" I muttered. I had just fixed that two hours ago. As I propelled myself down the hallway towards what I assumed might be the problem, an engineer burst out of the room, swearing and coughing through his soot covered suit. "Back down the hallway you fool!" he choked. "Captain's orders to evac the ship! Get to your drop pod!"
"Drop pods? Where the fuck are we going to land?!" I shouted over the intensified siren.
"I heard something about a small planet called Cradle, guess that's our next stop!"
He planted an unnaturally large boot on my chest, and before I knew what was happening, I was flying down the hallway at what I can only recall as mach one. I flipped myself over as I quickly approached the hallway's end, and "absorbed" the fall. By that, of course, I mean landed face-first against the wall. Adrenaline helped me shake off the shock, just in time to see that gruff engineer get enveloped by flames. I planted my feet on the edge of an open doorway and shot towards the stairs. I was directly above the escape pods, so it was as simple as down, and out. At least, it would've been if a meteor shower (that our spotter should have informed the captain of) didn't start ripping through the hull. It took out the stairs, but I was sucked downwards by the vacuum of space anyway, so it was a lot like a brand new elevator. Except it hurt at the bottom. And it killed half the crew. But most importantly, it annihilated half of the drop pods. I watched the survivors crawl into their pods, seal the door, and disappear. I worked my way to my feet, clutching a stray pipe; I remember the feeling of "Yeah, I am so totally done." But then I saw it, through the gaping hole in the hull, past the debris, (and what looked like tomorrow morning's breakfast)it was beautiful. At least, as beautiful as a 3 ton pod with tri-rotating control jets and a brand new cup holding system CAN look. It was my very own drop pod, just across the depths of hell. I figured I was dead anyway, so I jumped. Aiming for the bolted refrigerator door of the mess hall, my feet connected, and I propelled myself through a tight gap consisting of a huge metal pipe and some stray cargo. On fire of course, but that's just my luck. I didn't see the small crate of something heavy drifting towards my legs, so it spun me a couple hundred times and I lost track of my pod. I pulled out my standard issue blaster and shot it in the direction I was spinning, which set me straight. Just in time too, as my hand shot out and caught the edge of my pod's doorway. My shoulder had just about been yanked out of its socket, but I made it unscathed otherwise. I worked my way into the pod, sealed the hatch, and took a breath of tanked air as my suits supply ran out. Once buckled in, I started the engine, took hold of the controls, and accelerated at over 300 miles per hour towards Cradle.
Ardvark
Ardvark

Back to top Go down

What Happened First... Empty Re: What Happened First...

Post  Shiran Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:55 pm

Well, it's epic.

I figure if Master Chief ever wrote an autobiography, it'd resemble this style :d

1 (trollish) thing tho, I believe a slight grammatical mistake is contained in the first paragraph:

"I had just fixed that two hours ago" - I believe should either be in quotes or rephrased to 'two hours before' - based on the context

Aside from that, great stuff and keep it up
An epic that is epic is epic.
Shiran
Shiran

Back to top Go down

Post  corpross Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:43 am

Good detailed writing kept me reading, keep it up!
corpross
corpross
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum