Anxiety-HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well that's strange...

4 posters

Go down

Well that's strange... Empty Well that's strange...

Post  Ardvark Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:01 pm

It appears i'm the only one who wants to take the floor and RANT. Therefore, I am obligated to. Unfortunately, this rant may be disagreed with or even shunned, blocked, repressed, appoxed, or mutilated. It is on the topic of Sprial Knights, and that I may not be playing it much anymore, as I advise for members of the guild who are struggling in-game. As I have witnessed the price of CE has been raised even further, and attempting to balance crafting, with game time, with fun; is becoming impossible. I don't like saying it since Spiral Knights brought me to meet and earn a place next to each and every one of you, but my suggestion is we play that game less. As Shiran has so adequetly stated before, even with PvP the game isn't going to be a good one for Guild Nights, nor will it be good for the earning of members who will continue to play religiously in the long run. I don't know about everyone else in the guild, and perhaps I am overstepping the boundries of accepted thought; but it has to be said. Spiral Knights is dying, and I don't want to be on that boat when it sinks. Instead, I suggest we take a metaphorical life raft over to other games where it is more fun, less strenuous work, and possibly even more competitive. We have to earn our place as a guild of notability, and the best way to do that would be to expand out horizons and start rooting ourselves in more metaphorical colonies that is the gaming world. League of Legends, Team Fortress 2, that game Shiran mentioned but i could not remember the name of, and more games are places that would be excellent for Guild Nights, recruitment, and community support. I think that is a fairly made point, and a tired but true rant. Now i'm going to go back to bed so I can attempt to stop feeling like I'm going to die of sickness
Ardvark
Ardvark

Back to top Go down

Well that's strange... Empty Re: Well that's strange...

Post  corpross Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:54 pm

Agreed, If possible we should compile a list of games we play as a group(also that are free or if anything very cheap and accessible through other means). When we do this we can work our way and see if it available and then keep SK on the list to enjoy from time to time but become less of a Guild but rather more of a Community of some sorts.
I think this would be the best endeavor down the road.
corpross
corpross
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiran Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:02 pm

Aye, a truely wonderous mmo we could play instead (when it's released in Winter) is FireFall - it's a sci-fi shooter in a live mmo world (very high-end graphics tho free)

For now, a good mmo "replacement" for us could be DFO (Dungeon Fighter Online) which I am a veteran of and
Twoo currently plays if I'm not mistaken

There's also a hardcore version of SK imo, called Alien Swarm.. the difficulty is the best attribute, plus endless custom campaigns

There are of course Team Fortress 2, Left4Dead2 which I play, or even Counter Strike:Source which I learned how to aim for recently >.> lol

I used to play HoN, but if LoL is free, that'd be nice (Teabox alrdy plays it)

We also know that ElementalWarrior plays Minecraft, just wonder who else has tried it out

Last edited by Shiran on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:07 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Bold in this color/font is useless... made a list in another post)
Shiran
Shiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiran Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:12 pm

Oh, I forgot to write what I originally intended to respond with lol

@Corp, the gaming community thing.. I dig that, I know of a good steam community called HellsGamers with servers on TF2, CS:S, L4D2, etc and they're all good..

..not saying we need servers, but as Ard says broadening our horizons could only work well, especially in the tide of our current main game

And it should work, since we have a kick-ass forum (if I may say so myself xD)
Shiran
Shiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Twoo Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:45 pm

I think it's just us 4 O_O

and as far as games I'm extra pro at LoL haha I wont play Cs:S with you seeing as how I'm done with that game. On the other hand I'll play me some Tf2, maybe alien swarm, killing floor and magicka. I also play DFO and I just started eden eternal just because a friend plays >_>

Last edited by Twoo on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Twoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiran Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 pm

Actually Tea is most active as far as I can tell

Also, Twoo where teh eff u been? lol
U play DFO afterall?
Shiran
Shiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Twoo Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:52 pm

saving the world of course. One cow at a time Very Happy Seeing as how sk kinda died I'll be on the forums everyday

Twoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Twoo Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:53 pm

and yea I do play Look at the comment above your previous comment.

Twoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiran Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:17 am

Geez.. Teabox recently mentioned a new game from Korea being released open beta in US, on Tuesday the 26th.. I'm definitely checking it out

The name's Dragon Nest and it looks grand: (and btw, it's run by Nexon US, same for DFO so it should be fairly stable)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qc1gdF0yxQ&feature=player_embedded (Official Trailer from E3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdwuiYhmUwM&feature=related (Gameplay overview)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpUToADAFMA&feature=relmfu (Class breakdown)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKyH1NQhixU&NR=1 (A particularly impressive gameplay video... speedrun)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi18VSNuls4&feature=related (Preview of high-end skills)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bbr05qnxeg&feature=related (Epic PvP)

And out in Winter will be FireFall, they're trying to set a new standard in the Free to Play model:

http://www.firefallthegame.com/

Last edited by Shiran on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:51 am; edited 4 times in total
Shiran
Shiran

Back to top Go down

Post  corpross Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:47 am

made account for firefall let see how that goes
corpross
corpross
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiran Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:15 am

Cool Corp, I should do the same.. can't wait for Winter but seeing as it's so damn hot these days I'll pretend it's Winter with my AC.

Also, Twoo.. I do believe I'll be on DFO for awhile, since I also have a friend on there @ lvl 20, and I should probably get something to lvl 70 since I'm missing out on all the new content, heh

I'll add it to Steam, so lemme know if u'r on and what lvl u'r at, I wouldn't mind joining or helping with w/e
Shiran
Shiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum